IFCO 2017 registration and call for papers are open now
This year's IFCO World Conference “Setting Sail from a Safe Port: Giving our children confidence to move forward with safe and permanent relationships” will take place in Valletta, Malta from 1st to 4th November 2017.
The theme of 2017 IFCO conference is underpinned by a holistic understanding that every person has a role in protecting children and promoting their well-being. Professionals, carers, policy-makers and youth will all benefit from exploring the theme of this year's conference together and using the IFCO platform to share, exchange, and learn from each other. The aim of the conference is to offer a balanced and inspiring programme, focusing on best practice, informed policies, and children’s rights.
Conference subthemes include but are not limited to:
- Child protection systems and deinstitutionalisation (DI) Reform: overall care system reform and DI and family based care in different regions across the world
- Meeting the needs of children due to migration
- Formal and informal educational outcomes for children during care and for careleavers
- Foster carers and social workers: education, training, assessment, approval, supervision and retention
- Understanding trauma and its effect
- Prevention, intervention, early childhood and permanency
- Partnership, engagement and children & youth participation
- Measuring success: preventative services, suitable placements, successful transitions and aftercare and the impact and measurement of careleavers successes and attainments.
For a full list of themes and topics, see our call for papers. Deadline for submission is 31 March 2017.
The conference content will be a combination of interesting plenaries and interactive workshops, covering those diverse topics. We also envision a complimenting dynamic social programme and other networking opportunities. A unique aspect of IFCO is the equal platform provided to all stakeholders including foster parents, foster families, children in foster care, care leavers, birth families, social workers, professionals, academics, policy makers and all who are interested in quality alternative family-based care.
Follow all the latest about the Conference and join the conversation in social media by posting and tweeting using the official conference hashtag #IFCO2017.
If you have any questions regarding the registration and conference fee, require a letter of invitation or have a problem with payment, please contact Conference Registration Desk by email at conference[at]ifco.info or by phone +44 (0) 20 8144 7571.